Since 2010, the corner of the Gastonia Bi-lo Commons sat vacant, when it’s original tenant, Johnny B’s Pizza moved to Gaston County’s land of milk and honey – downtown Belmont. However, this week The Round Bistro refurbished the pizza pad and became G-town’s fourth classy restaurant.
In its first week of business, The Round has received public praise for its menu choices, sizable meals, and quality service. Management, bartenders, and servers all hail from local nice establishments (Nick’s Steakhouse, Center Street Tavern, etc.). Our family would have to agree.
Here’s hoping The Round Bistro follows in the footsteps of the limited finer Gastonia dining options – RODI, Nick’s, and Lotus, attracting more upscale homeowners, a better reputation, and additional local hot spots this side of the South Fork.
- Large and affordable appetizers – The cheese fondue for two filled up the four of us.
- Entree options – which include one of three salads and two of ten sides.
- A completely overhauled bar and dining area, with a grand foyer, high end seating, and removal of the bright lighting & paint.
- Local artist’s work displayed throughout the restaurant.
Great for: date night in Gastonia, drinks with a client
- Three of our four side dishes were up charged as substitutes without menu or server notification.
- Beer selection pricey and not interesting.
- Kids pizza underwhelming in style and substance.
- Local artist’s work’s take home price tag of $1,200.
Not great for: Family dining with the little ones, guys night out.